Episode 113: Thumbs Up for Harriet Tubman!
Recorded on May 11, 2016
Book Talk starts at 39:30
Our Vest-Along ends today. If you posted an FO in the FOs thread, please listen to the end of the podcast to find out if you won a prize!
If anyone would like to donate a prize for the Mother Bear KAL/CAL (July-August 2016), please let us know! Our donors so far are:
- LGordon555 is donating a copy of her novel Heads or Tails, and a pattern of the winner’s choice
- Stephanie, aka TheHappyBuffalo on etsy – 2 skeins of yarn - and she puts them in jars with a hole in the lid for the yarn to go through - so cute!
- Paula Emmons-Fuessle – 3 copies of her Crooked Ewe pattern
- WendyWhalen of Knitty Kitty Bags has started dying yarn and is giving away 2 skeins of yarn of the winner’s choice
- Joanna Johnson’s Green Gables Knits, reviewed by the Chicks in Episode 112
Phoebe’s Sweater Contest: To win one of Joanna Johnson’s children's books, please go to our Phoebe's Sweater thread and tell us about the little ones you love to knit for! The contest will close May 31.
Tracie will be at Spinning at the Winery on Saturday, June 4 at the Retzlaff Winery in Livermore, CA. Barb may be there too! This is a fun, relaxed fiber event with a vendor fair, raffle, wine and a great potluck lunch. Come and join us!
- Atoll Cowl by Jenn Emerson in Knitting Rose Yarns Silk Petals
- Sedona Baby Dress by Erin Harper (strawberie blonde) in Knit Picks Brava Sport in the Freesia colorway
- Crooked Ewe Cowl by Paula Emons-Fuessle in Quaere Fibre Gradient Sock in Iced Melon
- Knitted Knockers
- Zuzu’s Petals by Carina Spencer, using Freia Flux Sport in the Vertigo colorway
- NoCKRS 2016 Frankensocks, using Knit Picks Stroll in a Navy colorway and all the mini-skeins I traded for at the retreat
- Mother Bear #74
Tracie’s Current Projects:
- The Ecuador cardigan by Joji Locatelli, using Oasis Yarn Aussi Sock in the Sage colorway.
- She obviously needs to cast on more! :-)
Barb’s Current Knitting Projects:
- Vanilla Socks for Will using Berroco Comfort Sock in a gray and white self-striping colorway.
- Crackerjack Cowl by Stacie Simpson Duke in 4 colors of Plymouth Merino Select DK
- Forest Foliage by Alana Dakos from the Botanical Knits 2 Book, using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Jasper colorway.
- Schknit Happens #3 using Fishknits Warm Heart 2-ply in the Cadillac colorway
- Wee Wildflower by Alana Dakos, using Knit Picks Shine Sport in the Crocus colorway
- Crooked Ewe Cowl by Paula Emons-Fuessle in Fish Knits Divine
Barb Finished Reading
The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood
Tracie Finished Reading:
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Barb is reading:
Two in the Far North by Margaret Mudie
Descent by Tim Johnston
The Perfect Son by Barbara Claypole White
Longbourn by Jo Baker
Something Missing by Matthew Dicks
Barb says thumbs up to Happy Valley, a British procedural drama on Netflix
Tracie and Barb both say thumbs up to Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill!