Recorded on November 12, 2015
Book Talk starts at 35:16
Our Fall Sweater KAL is ongoing until Jan 16. Post your FO in the FOs thread to be entered to win one of 4 fabulous prize packages that will contain:
- A 2015 NoCKRs retreat bag
- A package of Yarn Cozies
- A sweater’s quantity of yarn (thank you to SandyKnitsSocks!)
- And more!
Listen all the way to the end of the podcast to find out if you won:
One of the two project bags donated by Daisy of Art Institchtute of Chicago
The new pattern A View from the Charles, designed and donated by Jennifer Lassonde
Tracie and Barb will be at Stitches West - February 18-21, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. Come join us in the bar on Saturday afternoon for our meet-up with the Yarniacs and lots of other fun people!
Tracie and Barb will also be at 2 NoCKRs - the 2016 Northern California Knitting Retreat - registration is full.
Barb has finished:
- Test knit: Meditate Cowl by Elizabeth Doherty
- Nordic Trail Vest #2 by Elizabeth Smith
- Classic World War II Watch Cap by Helen Waitts. Barb highly recommends this free pattern if you have someone with a really large head to knit for.
Tracie has finished a lot of hats!
- Berry Baby Hat by Michele Sabatier
- Garter Ear Flap Hat by Purl Soho
- Plum Tree Slouch by Alana Dakos
- Third Grade from Elementary Hats by Leslie Gordon
Barb’s Current Knitting Projects:
- Zigzagular Socks by Susie White, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Zombody Loves the 2 Knit Lit Chicks colorway (free)
- Over & Over Cowl & Infinity Loop by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas, using Duren Dyeworks
And she has cast on:
- Etched Rio Wrap by Sarah Smuland, using Cascade 220 Sport in a dark gray colorway ($9)
- Tappee Hattee by Allison Britt, using Dizzy Blond Studios Superwash DK in the Camilla colorway (free)
Tracie is working on:
- Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Cascade Elysian in the 08 colorway and Jojoland Splatter Dash in the 002 colorway.
- Longstreet by Nancy Totten (Front Range Bags), using Abstract Fiber Temptations in The Gorge colorway
- Saddleback Cardigan by Jennifer Hagan, using Valley Yarns Goshen.
- She has cast on:
- Leap! fingerless gloves by Brooke Ramos (free pattern) in FishKnits Boot Strap in Fat Tuesday Colorway
Barb has finished:
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- People Who Eat Darkness: The Fate of Lucie Blackman by Richard Lloyd Parry
- The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
- The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James
Tracie has finished:
- Real Happy Family by Caeli Wolfson Widger
- Don’t Try to Find Me by Holly Brown
- The True History of the Elephant Man by Michael Howell
Barb is reading:
Tracie is reading
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Endangered Species by Nevada Barr
- Bad Blood by John Sanford
Barb says thumbs up to Pumpkin Spice cream cheese
Tracie says thumbs up to the Fargo tv series - Season 1 is available on Hulu Plus, and Season 2 is in progress on FX