Book Talk starts at: 43:14
Recorded on October 30, 2015
Our Sweater KAL is still going strong! You have until January 15, 2016 to compete a sweater, enter it into our Sweater FO Thread to win a prize.
We have 2 project bags to give away from Art Institchtute of Chicago. Go here to enter! This contest will end on November 15, 2015.
New giveaway! Thank you to BostonJen for donating a copy of her new shawl pattern, View from the Charles. To enter, please go to the thread on our Ravelry forum and comment on:
1. Your favorite handknit shawl
2. Any shawl knitting adventure
3. If you have never knitted a shawl, tell us that!
This contest will end on November 15th.
Barb and Tracie recommend the Wild Plum Etsy Shoppe for cute handmade children's gifts - bandana dresses, pacifier clips, tote bags, crayon and coloring bags, etc.
Tracie and Barb will be at Stitches West - February 18-21, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. Come join us in the bar on Saturday afternoon for our meet-up with the Yarniacs and lots of other fun people!
Tracie and Barb will also be at 2 NoCKRs - the 2016 Northern California Knitting Retreat! Open registration for a limited number of spots is open October 15-November 15. Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and applications.
Barb has finished:
Helvetica Cardigan by Elizabeth Doherty. She used Berroco Indigo yarn (recycled cotton) in the Cut-Offs colorway. She is very happy with the way this cardigan stays on her shoulders!
* The Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Knit Picks Swish DK in the Orange and Coal colorways.
* Barley Hat #1 and Maize Mits #1 by Tin Can Knits, both using Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted in the Sugar Skulls colorway.
Tracie has finished:
* Wanda Estelle poncho by Debbie Stone, using Kollage Yarns Fantastic in Slate Green (pictured at left) and she loves it!
* Endearment cardigan by Hanna Maciejewska, using Jill Draper Makes Stuff Esopus in the Sapphire colorway.
* A pair of vanilla socks in Knitting Rose Budding Tracks Sock Set in Good Will Hunting Ombre.
* Full-Tilt hat by Laura Wilson-MartosCascade Yarns Elysian in a purple colorway.
* Beetle Cap (Lippapipo on Ravelry) by Veera Valimaki, using Newton’s Yarn Country DK Superwash Merino Nylon.
Barb is working on:
* Zigzagular Socks by Susie White, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Zombody Loves the 2 Knit Lit Chicks colorway.
* Over & Over Cowl & Infinity Loop by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas, using Duren DyeWorks Love Fingering in the Witchy Woo Woo colorway.
* Nordic Trail Vest by Elizabeth Smith, using Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in the Latte colorway.
* A secret test knit for Elizabeth Doherty.
Tracie is working on:
* Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Cascade Elysian in the 08 colorway and Jojoland Splatter Dash in the 002 colorway.
* Longstreet by Nancy Totten (Front Range Bags), using Abstract Fiber Temptations in The Gorge colorway
* Saddleback Cardigan by Jennifer Hagan, using Valley Yarns Goshen.
Barb has finished:
* A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation by Catherine Crier - she heartily recommends this book for fans of the True Crime genre.
* Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout - she recommends this book.
Tracie did not finish: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Tracie has finished:
* I Hated Hated Hated This Movie by Roger Ebert - she recommends it!
* The King of Pain: A Novel with Stories by Seth Kaufman
* The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol.
* The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - highly recommended!
Barb is continuing to read:
* Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, listening to it through the excellent CraftLit Podcast.
The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James - Barb says that it's a good read for Halloween!
* People Who Eat Darkness: The Fate of Lucie Blackman by Richard Lloyd Perry.
* Don't Try to Find Me by Holly Brown.