Book Talk starts at 54:27
Recorded on April 27, 2016
Our Vest KAL/CAL is continuing until May 15, 2016. Please see the Chatter thread for more information...
If you are participating in the 2 Knit Lit Chicks Swap, you should have received your package. Thank you again to SandraMaz for organizing and moderating the swap.
Tracie will be at Spinning at the Winery on Saturday, June 4 at the Retzlaff Winery in Livermore, CA. Barb may be there too! This is a fun, relaxed fiber event with a vendor fair, raffle, wine and a great potluck lunch. Come and join us!
Tracie recommends a new podcast, Destined2Knit with Marcy and Kim. Give it a listen!
Barb has finished:* Really Fits Top Down Cardigan for All Seasons by Kathy Cairns Hendershott, using Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima in the Periwinkle colorway.
* 2 Knitted Knockers
* Mother Bears #73
* Blossom Gradient Socks, using Knitting Rose Yarns Blossom Sock in a purple gradient colorway.
Tracie has finished:
* Her Longstreet shawl by Nancy Totten, using Abstract Fiber Temptation in The Gorge colorway.
* Vanilla socks using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel, using Canon Hand Dyes Charles Merino Sport You can see them here.
Barb is working on:
* NoCKRs 2016 Frankensocks, using Knit Picks Strol Kettle Dyed Sock in a navy color for the cuffs, heels and toes. The body of the sock is being knit in mini-skeins traded for at the 2016 NoCKRs retreat. You can see the Clasp Weft Join she is using for the mini-skeins here.
* Vanilla Socks for grandson Will, using Berroco Comfort Sock in a Gray and White colorway.
* The Crackerjack cowl by Stacy Simpson Duke, using 4 colors of Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash.
* Forest Foliage shawl by Alana Dakos, using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Jasper colorway.
* Schknit Happens Scratch Cap #3 by Myra Wood, using leftover Fishknits Warm Heart 2-ply in the Cadillac colorway.
Tracie is working on:
* Sedona Baby Dress by Erin Harper in Knit Picks Brava Sport in the Freesia colorway.
* The Crooked Ewe Cowl by Paula Emons-Fuessie, using Quare Fibers Gradient Sock in the Iced Melon colorway.
* The Atoll Cowl by Jenn Emerson, usi
ng Knitting Rose Yarns Silk Petals in the Belle colorway.
* The Ecuador cardigan by Joji Locatelli, using Oasis Yarn Aussi Sock in the Sage colorway.
* Tracie has put the Rodeo Drive Poncho into hibernation.
Tracie and Barb reviewed the following books by Joanna Johnson and illustrated by her husband, Eric Johnson:
* Phoebe's Sweater
* Freddie's Blanket
* Henry's Hat
* Phoebe's Birthday
Tracie and Barb also reviewed Joanna's book, Green Gables Knits.
To win one of these children's books, please go to our Phoebe's Sweater thread. The Green Gables Knits book will be offered as a prize in our upcoming Mother Bear KAL/CAL.
Barb has finished:
Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by Marion Chesney. Barb recommends it, and the entire "Poor Relations" series.
Disappearing in Plain Sight by Francis Guenette. It was...OK...
Tracie has finished:
* After Anna by Alex Lake - Tracie recommends it
* A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore - Tracie recommends it
* Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - it wasn't her favorite...
Barb is currently reading:
* The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood
* Two in the Far North by Margaret E. Murie
Tracie is currently reading:
* Longbourn by Jo Baker
* One Step Too Far by Tina Seskadis