Book Talk Begins at 57:30
Recorded on Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Our Sweater KAL is ongoing! You have until January 15, 2016 to complete an adult sweater and be eligible a great prize package that will include:
- A 2015 NoCKRs retreat bag
- A package of Yarn Cozies
- A sweater’s quantity of yarn (thank you to SandyKnitsSocks!)
- And more!
Tracie and Barb will be at Stitches West - February 18-21, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. Come join us in the bar on Saturday afternoon for our meet-up with the Yarniacs and lots of other fun people!
Tracie and Barb will also be at 2 NoCKRs - the 2016 Northern California Knitting Retreat - registration is full.
Barb has finished:
* Zigzagular Socks by Susie White, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Zombody Loves the 2 Knit Lit Chicks colorway.
* Rachel's Rollers (Rose City Rollers socks) by Susie White, using GnomeAcres Fancy Gnome in the Aurora Gnomealis color way
* Tri-Peak hat by Woolly Wormed, using Classic Elite Yarns Waterlily in the 1938 colorway.
* Two Little Hats - no patterns and she has no idea what the yarns are.
* Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel using Cascade Elysian in the 08 colorway and Jojoland Splatter Dash in the 002 colorway.
* Saddleback Cardigan by Jennifer Hagen in Valley Yarns Goshen
Barb is working on:
* The Grandpa Cardigan by Joji Locatelli, using Cascade Yarns Cash Vero DK in a royal blue colorway (this yarn is discontinued).
* Etched Rio Wrap by Sarah Smuland, usingCascade 220 Sport in the Charcoal Gray colorway.
Tracie is working on:
* The Starshower cowl by Hilary Smith Callis, using La Bien Aimee MCN Light in the Jon Snow colorway.
* The Meditate cowl by Elizabeth Doherty, using Redfish Dyeworks Silk Sock.
* Leap! fingerless gloves by Brooke Ramos in Fishknits Boot Strap in the Fat Tuesday colorway.
* The Longstreet shawl by Nancy Totten using Abstract Fibers Temptation in The Gorge colorway.
Tracie and Barb interview Sally Holt (slyknits on Ravelry, and the creator of Knit Companion) about all the new, cool features of the app, Knit Companion. What they were most excited about is:
* the new linking feature to your Ravelry library
* Knit Companion for Android will be coming after the new year!
Be sure to enter the contest to win a KC pattern package from Knit Companion, here. We will announce the winners on the next podcast.
Barb has finished:
* Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology, and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Miscavige Hill - Barb recommends this book!
* Forsaken by Andrew Van Wey - Barb was very "meh" about this one.
Tracie has finished:
* Ferris Beach by Jill McCorkle - Tracie highly recommends this book, especially the audiobooks with excellent narration by Alison McLemore!
* The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith - recommended.
Barb is currently reading:
* The Far End of Happy by Kathryn Craft
* The Admissions by Meg Mitchell Moore
Barb Did Not Finish:
* The Alphabet of Birds by S.J. Naude. She just couldn't do it.
Tracie is currently reading:
* The Family by Marissa Kennerson
* Double Life: The Shaterring Affair between Chief Judge Sol Wachtler and Socialite Joy Silverman by Linda Wolfe
* The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
Tracie's Thumbs Up was Carrie Fisher - check her out in this great interview!
Carrie's dog now has his own Instagram account! He's @garyfisher - the Chicks are following him now - you should too!