Book Talk starts at 38:27
This episode was recorded on December 19, 2014.
The Sweater KAL is ongoing! Get your sweaters finished and post your FO picture here to be eligible to win one of three great prize packages.
Our Next KAL – the Alana-Along! You can knit any accessory or garment pattern by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting, starting February 1, 2015 and finishing by April 1 (we may extend the deadline if we have lots of people knitting sweaters). You can knit multiple NNK designs, but we will be allowing only one entry per knitter for this KAL. Start thinking about what you’d like to make, and gathering your materials!
Barb recommends the Stitch Party Podcast (audio), with host flyingmuse.
She also recommends the video podcast The Knitting Den with Denise.
Barb will be attending the South Bay Knitting Retreat January 2-4, 2015 in San Juan Bautista.
Stitches West 2015, in Santa Clara California February 19 - 22, 2015.
The Northern California Knitting Retreat, in San Juan Bautista, California April 17 - 19, 2015. We still have 1 spot open! Email Tracie at email@example.com for a registration form.
For those of you attending The Northern California Knitting Retreat, please join the NorCal Knitting Retreat Ravelry Group to stay up-to-date on all the information.
Barb has finished:
- The Eilonwy Cardigan by Carol Feller, using Berroco Weekend DK in a light blue and a pink color way.
- Another Irish Hiking Scarf, using Plymouth Yarn Encore Tweed in the Hunter colorway.
- Rivercat Socks by Brenda Patipa, using KnitFit Knitting Jazzy in the Blue Sea colorway.
- Moira's Legwarmers by Lisa Beth Couchins using Cascade 220 Superwash in a blue-green color way.
Tracie has finished:
- Two pair of socks, using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist for both. One was for a friend, and used Color Notes Claremont Sock in the Green Stone colorway. The other was for Tracie's niece and used Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in the Runway colorway.
- a set of 4 Garter Coaster Beer Cozies by Jessica Landers in Knitting Rose Yarns Blossom Sock in the Girl on Fire colorway and Knit Picks Chroma in Grey, both leftover from other projects, with help from
Fornicating Deer Chart by Ann Rutten
And The Horse You Rode In On fingerless mittens by Karin Aida
Beer Lovers’ Mitts by Natalia Moreva
- Fast and Easy Fingerless Mitts by Lisa Beamer, using Baa! Sonoma in the Sapphire and Mystique colorways.
Tracie is currently working on:
- Panel Jacket by Carol Lapin in Berocco Vintage and Tess Designer Yarns Superwash Merino
- Canyonlands Shawl by verybusymonkey, using Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in the Deep Blue Sea colorway.
Tracie has cast on:
- Alewives Cowl by Elizabeth Doherty, using Blue Heron Cotton Rayon Flax Metallic in the Sage colorway.
- Tracie is swatching for the Victoria Cardigan by Lori Versace, using Ella Rae Silkience in a brown colorway.
Barb is currently knitting:
- The Jet Set Cowl by Paulina Popiolek using Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply in the Deep Sea Jellyfish colorway.
- The Weathered Socks, using Fishknits Opulence MCN in the Weathered colorway.
Barb has cast-on:
- The Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer, using Noro Kureyon in color 173.
- Top-Down Icelandic Sweater by Ragga Eiriksdotter, using 3 colors of Istex Lett-Lopi. She is doing this with the Top-Down Icelandic Sweater Craftsy Class.
Barb will be frogging her Custom-Fit Featherweight cardigan.
Barb has finished:
Apple Tree Yard by Louisa Doughty. She heartily recommends this book!
Barb is reading:
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Last Life by Claire Messud
- A Life in Stitches: Knitting My Way through Love, Loss, and Laughter by Rachael Herron
- We are Water by Wally Lamb
Tracie is reading:
- Speak Softly, She Can Hear by Pam Lewis
- Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
You can see the bladder-related commercials that Tracie talked about in her "Thumbs Down" section here: