Book Talk starts at 36:45
This episode was recorded on November 20, 2014
Barb and Tracie were guests on the Yarn Thing with Marly Bird podcast on November 20th.
Our Sweater KAL/CAL is ongoing until January 15, 2015. We currently have over 30 sweaters completely in our Sweater KAL FO thread. Come on in and join us!
Thank you for your iTunes Reviews!
Win an autographed copy of The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell. Enter to win via this thread on our Ravelry Forum. Contest ends on December 1st. Thank you to JanaNav for this donated prize!
Daisy50 of the Art Institchtute of Chicago etsy shop. Be sure to check out her shop now for her Halloween/ Day of the Dead project bag sale!
Go to our blog to enter. This contest will end on December 1, 2014.
Barb recommends 3 podcasts:
1. The Minerva Turkey video podcast, hosted by minervaturkey (Shannon). Available on YouTube and iTunes
2. The Two Ewes Fiber Adventures audio podcast, hosted by 1hundredprojects (Kelly) and mfuesel (Marsha).
3. The Serial Podcast.
Barb and Tracie will be attending:
Stitches West 2015, in Santa Clara California February 19 - 22, 2015.
The Northern California Knitting Retreat, in San Juan Bautista, California April 17 - 19, 2015. We still have 1 spot open! Email Tracie at email@example.com for a registration form.
Barb has finished:
1. Woobie Giraffe #2, using different colors of Knit Picks Brava Sport in various colors. This pattern is from the Woobie Pattern Collection, Series 1 by Kris Carlson.
2. Brooke's Column of Leaves scarf by Brooke Nelson, using Cascade 220 Worsted in the Mystic Purple colorway.
3. Bootstrap Socks by Lara Neel (from the Sock Architecture book) using GnomeAcres House Gnome in the Betelgeuse colorway. Barb does not recommend using such a highly variegated yarn for this pattern as it doesn't let the pattern shine...
Tracie has finished:
Ethan the Aviator hat, by Gabrielle Danskknit using Cascade Yarns Bentley. How cute is baby Dominic in this hat?!!
2. Cleito by Susan Mills, using Mirasol Yarns Ilaris in a plum color way, and Nashua Handkints Creative Focus Cotton DK in a yellow colorway.
3. The Doodie hat by Woolly Wormed using Ella Pompe in a pink colorway.
4. Opposite socks (Tracie's own pattern) using Anzula Nebula in the Kale colorway and Unwind Yarn Company Twinkle Sock in Laborite. It took Tracie less than 2 weeks to knit up these socks!
5. Basic Peanut Body by Rebecca Danger (from 50 Yards of Fun by Rebecca Danger.
Barb is working on:
1. Rivercat Socks by Brenda Patipa, using Knit Fit Knitting Jazzy in the Sea Blue Colorway
2. CustomFit Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fetig, using Must Stash Yarn Helluva Skein in the Pauo'le colorway.
Barb has cast-on:
1. Jet Set Cowl by Paulina Popiolek, using Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in the Deep Sea Jellyfish colorway.
2. Eilonwy Junior cardigan by Carol Feller, using Berroco Weekend DK in a light blue and a pink colorway.
3. Irish Hiking Scarf by Adrian Bizilla, using Cascade 220 Worsted in a dark gray colorway.
Tracie is working on:
1. Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane, using Araucania Tepa in the 1788 colorway.
2. Canyonlands Shawl by verybusymonkey, using Blue Heron Rayon Mettalic in the Deep Blue Sea colorway.
Tracie has cast-on:
1. A set of 4 or 6 cozies using the Garter Coaster Beer Cozy pattern by Jessica Landers for her BIL. She is color working rude sayings onto the cozies with help from:
* Subversive Socks from Cooperative Press
* Fornicating Deer Chart by Ann Rutten
* And the Horse You Rode in on by Karin Aida
* Beer Lovers' Mitts by Natalia Moreva
All using leftover yarns!
Barb has finished:
1. Don't Look Now: and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier - Barb recommends this short story collection.
2. Night Film by Marisha Pessl - Barb recommends this book with reservations - don't expect a horror story...
1. Bitch in a Bonnet: Reclaiming Jane Austen From the Stiffs, the Snobs, the Simps and the Saps, Volume 2 by Robert Rodi - Tracie recommends this for any reader who is a Jane Austen enthusiast!
2. The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh - Tracie recommends this book
Tracie and Barb have both finished and enthusiastically recommend: The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell. Two THUMBS UP!
Barb is currently reading:
1. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
2. In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson
Tracie is currently reading:
1. The Position by Meg Wolitzer
2. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige