Recorded on August 29, 2018
Book Talk starts at 30:50
2 Knit Lit Chicks Summer Swap!
August 31st: Check-In #3
September 14th check in #4
September 28th: final check in
October 5th: Mail-By Date
It's time to think about our 2 Knit Lit Chicks Annual 2018 Fall Sweater KAL! Go here to find out all about it and to chat about your plans.
Barb will be in Paris September 11-19. Tracie will be in the Munich area September 26-October 4. If you are in either of those areas and want to meet up, PM us on Ravelry!
The Tracie’s Cakeride by Undead Yarn giveaway thread has closed - we will pick a winner at the end of the episode!
There is still one spot available at the Studio 49 Retreat put on by the Motherlode Spinners and Weavers at Tuolomne Trails outside Groveland, CA. The retreat is September 28-30, and you can find out all about it by clicking here.
CORRECTIONS CORNER: Barb had 2 corrections from the last episode
1. When talking about the Netflix series Life Below Zero, the Native- American (Agnes Hailstone) woman is a member of the Inupiaq tribe
2. Regarding the Thank You Sarah pattern: Sarah Josepha Hale Wikipedia page, and the book Barb talked about - Thank You Sarah: the Woman who Saved Thanksgiving
|Tracie's Gnome #2|
1. Mother Bears #149 & #150
2. Never Not Gnoming Gnome #1 and Gnome #2 by Sarah Schira, using fingering weight scraps.
|Barb's Bear and a Bunny Suit|
Barb has finished:
2. Vertical Drop Stitch Scarf by Churchmouse Yarns & Tea
3. Bear And a Bunny Suit by Susan B. Anderson, using Plymouth Encore Worsted Solids In the Neon Green and Oatmeal color ways
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Fiddly Bits#6 by Jane Pihota2. Bellora Tee by Samantha Kirby, using Knit Picks Lindy Chain in the Thicket and Harbor colorways
3. Welcome Blanket in 3 colors of Cascade Bentley - welcomeblanket.org
4. or my swap partner: Glam Cowl by Jacqui Harding in Fiberspates Scrumptious Lacein the Jen S Green colorway
5. test knit: One Perfect Skein by frediknits in Dragonfly Fibers Pixiein the Low Tide colorway
Tracie has cast on:
1. Zephyr cardigan by Celia McAdam Cahill, using Cascade Hollywood In the Walnut colorway
Tracie has put in hibernation:
zoe cardi by Cheri Christian in Tahki Cotton Classic in Spruce
Barb continues to work on:
1. Archer by Elizabeth Doherty, using Forbidden Woolery Fortitude in the Pixie Hollow colorway, and The Farmer’s Daughter Squish Fingering in the Are You Sure Hank done it That Way? colorway.
2. Thank You Sarah socksby Heidi Nick, using Leading Men Fiber Arts Showstealer( MCN) in the London Fog colorway.
3. Secret project for swap partner
Barb has cast-on:
1. F829 Girls' Poncho by Plymouth Yarns, using Premier Yarns Sweet Roll In the Pixie Pop colorway.
Tracie finished reading:
1. The Twilight Wife by AJ Banner
2. Homesick for Another World by Ottessa Moshfegh
3. Lie with Me by Sabine Durrant
Barb has finished:
1. The Outsider by Stephen King
2. A Case of Need by Michael Crichton (written as Jeffrey Hudson in 1968)
3. 438 Days: An Extraordinary True Story of Survival at Sea by Jonathan Franklin (Barb LOVED this book!)
Tracie is reading:
1. The Echo by Minette Walters
2. Written in Blood by Diane Fanning
Tracie did-not-finish: The First fifteen Lives of Harry August by Clair North
Barb is reading:
1. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
2. The Night Shift: Real Life in the Heart of the ER by Brian Goldman
3. Written in Blood by Diane Fanning
Thumbs Up: REGISTER TO VOTE (U.S. Citizens). Rock the Vote Website: Register to Vote, Find Election Info, and more!