Download | Duration: 01:08:01
We have 1700 members in our Ravelry Group!
Check out That Clever Clementine Etsy Shop! She has project bags, project bowls and so much more. She is offering a coupon code for 2 Knit Lit Chicks listeners for 10% off any purchase over $20. The code is 2KnitLitChicks and is good 5/18/13 - 6/18/13.
And that's not all! Enter to win this project bag featuring Nancy Drew fabric:
Mother Bear KAL/CAL will have an FO thread starting on 7/1/13. You may enter any bears completed in 2013 to be eligible for prizes.
Spinning at the Winery will take place on 5/25/13, 10am - 4pm. Be sure to bring:
- a chair
- your knitting or spinning
- $5 for parking
- potluck dish to share
Tapgurl On the Go.
Barb has finished:
Playful Stripes Cardigan by Alana Dakos
The Jade Cashmere One-Skein Shawl by Michelle Miller using Sweet Georgia Yarns CashSilk Lace
The Tehachapi Project shawl by Michelle Miller, using the beautifully dyed Desert Vista Dyeworks VOIR fingering in the CFR 2012 colorway
Tracie has finished her Toe Up Socks with a Difference in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight in the Nodding Violet colorway
Barb is working on:
- The Breezy Cardigan by Hannah Fettig in Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in the Stone Washed colorway
- Opal Socks out of Opal Cotton (Annual Series) in colorway 5062
- The Dunes Shawl by Rose Beck out of Becoming Art Cielo Sport in the New Moon colorway
- The Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang.
* Tina, of the Knitting Blooms Podcast has done 2 tutorials on the Sock Yarn Blanket. They are not on her Tutorials tab yet, but will be soon.
Tracie is working on:
- Coachella by Fathom Harvill in Tess' Designer Yarns Microfiber Ribbon
- Customisable Gadget Case by Coranda Berry out of her handspun
- Marin shawl by Ysolda Teague Misti Alpaca Tonos Pima Silk
- TGV High Speed Knitting shawl by Susan Ashcroft in Desert Vista Dyeworks Mono Gradient Fingering in the Aquamarine colorway
Barb and Tracie are both planning on casting on The Old Man and the Sea by Mel Ski as part of her "Old Man and the Sea KAL and Read-along".
Tracie has finished and does NOT recommend Broken Harbor by Tana French.
Barb has finished and DOES recommend Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Barb gave up on and does NOT recommend Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
Tracie is currently reading:
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
- Bitch in a Bonnet: Reclaiming Jane Austen from the Stiffs, the Snobs, the Simps and the Saps by Robert Rodi
- Get Me Out of Here: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland
Barb is currently reading:
Anne Tyler has written 19 novels. We have been reading her books for years, starting with The Accidental Tourist. After discovering her, we both read all of her previous books. She won the Pulitzer Prize for Breathing Lessons in 1988. Her latest book is The Beginner's Goodbye. The Chicks recommend her books highly!
THUMBS UP/THUMBS DOWN
down...doing such a good job of weaving in ends that it took her 3 days to unravel a sweater. The upside of this was discovering Jane Richmond's You Tube video of the "magic knot" to join 2 ends of yarn.
The Hiya Hiya Interchangable Needle Grips will help you tighten all brands of "screw-in" interchangable needles. They are only $.89 for a pair! Barb has been using them for several months and has found them far superior to using the "tool".