Recorded on March 13, 2018
Book Talk starts at 12:20
Our Never-Have-I-Ever Sock-along will continue until May 15, 2018. Make socks like you’ve never made before - try a new heel, using a pattern if you usually stick with vanilla, knit from a sock blank for the first time, do color work - or maybe try socks for the very first time! Please go to the Never-Have-I-Ever Sock-along Chatter thread to join the fun. Post your finished socks here.
|Knitting Rose Yarn Blossom Sock in the Girl on Fire colorway|
If you have any prizes you would like to donate to the NoCKRs retreat, please contact Barb (KnittyBarb on Rav) via a PM on Ravelry.
|Mother Bear #129|
- Mother Bear #128
- Mother Bear #129
- Pioneer Braid Scarf #5 by Catherine Ryan using a Caron Cake in the Blueberry Kiwi colorway
- High Woods Hat by Irina Pi, using Berroco Vintage in the Forest Floor and the Dungaree colorways
- Royal Mile Cowl by Dami Hunter, using Delicious Yarns Frosting Chunky
- Nancy's Barley Hat by Tin Can Knits, using Spud and Chloe Sweater in the Lake colorway
- Hopscotch Socks (vanilla socks), using Knit Picks Felici in the Hopscotch colorway
|Royal Mile Cowl in Delicious Yarns Frosting Chunky|
|Tracie's Vernal Vanilla Bean Socks|
- Vernal Vanilla Bean Socks by Emily O'Grady, using Fishknits Bootstrap Self-Striping in the NorCal Vernal Pools colorway
- Her 5th Fiddly Bits Cowl by Jana Pihota
- Mother Bear #121
- Mother Bear #122
Barb has finished:
- The Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector's Story by Hyeonseo Lee. Barb recommends this book.
- The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout. Barb read this for her Book Club. She and all the Book Club members loved the book and had a great discussion about it.
- The Fact of a Body: A Memoir and a Murder by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnivich. Not an easy read, but Barb recommends it.
- The Web (Alex Delaware #10) by Jonathan Kellerman. Barb recommends it for fans of this author and series.
Barb and Tracie both read The Party by Robyn Harding. While they both agreed that the characters were thoroughly unlikeable and there were lots of problems with the plot...neither one could stop reading it!
Tracie has finished reading:
- Quicksand by Malin Persson Giolito. Tracie recommends it.
- The Last Days of California: A Novel by Mary Miller. Tracie liked it!
- The Next Time You See Me by Holly Goddard Jones
- On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman. Tracie liked it.
- The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Sunburn by Laura Lipman. Tracie liked it.
- Cold-Blooded: A True Story of Love, Lies, Greed, and Murder by Carlton Smith. Tracie recommends it!