Recorded on June 10, 2016
Book Talk Starts at 29:50
Our Mother Bear KAL/CAL starts on June 1! Any Mother Bears that you have knit or crocheted in 2016 are eligible for prizes in our KAL. Please go to the Mother Bear Project Homepage to request your pattern, under the tab "How to Help". We hope you will join us!
We have started a Mother Bear KAL/CAL 2016 Chatter Thread. The FO thread will go up on July 1st, the official start of the KAL.
Thank you to Kristin (LaterKnitter on Rav) for donating 3 patterns from her daughter's Ravelry pattern store Strawberie Blonde (Erin Harper) for Mother Bear KAL prizes. And thank you to KrisLusWool for her donation of her In Transit Hat and Cowl pattern.
Barb recommends the Skein Enable audio podcast with Jill (notice on Rav) and Michele (photospice 0n Rav).
To win an autographed hardbound copy of Annetarsia Knits: a New Link to Intarsia, please go to our Ravelry Group thread, Win Annetarsia Knits! and tell us about any type of colorwork that you have done in the past. This contest will close on June 31st. You must be a member of the group to win.
Lifefulloflaugh (Lisa) who hosts the Sock Yarn Swappers Ravelry Group is running the Summer of Squares KAL. Join the group and have some fun with those mini skeins!
Tracie will be in New York City June 20-24 - message her if you want to meet up at a yarn store, or for a cup of coffee, glass of wine, etc!
Barb has finished:
- Her Wee Wildflower cardigan by Alana Dakos, using Knit Picks Shine Sport in the Crocus colorway. She heartily recommends both the pattern and the yarn!
- Mother Bears #76, #77, #78 & #79.
- Her Scraptastic Hat by Jane Tanner, using leftover fingering weight yarn.
Tracie has finished:
- Her Schknit Happens hat by Myra Wood. She used leftover Invictus Yarns Reward in the Linear XL Black Rainbow colorway.
- Her Weekend Cowl by Liz Capik, using Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in the Dahlia colorway
- Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan
- Ecuador Cardigan by Joji Locatelli using Oasis Yarn Aussi Sock in the Sage colorway
- Mother Bear #76
Barb has frogged her Forest Foliage by Alana Dakos from the Botanical Knits 2 Book, using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Jasper colorway.
Tracie is continuing to work on:
- Just Autumn Cowl by Janina Bottger in Becoming Art Fingering
- Vanilla socks in Araucania Ranco Multy
- Rodeo Drive Poncho by Stacy Perry in Fonty BB Merino in Brun Scooby Doo
Tracie has cast on:
Barb and Tracie both finished:
- Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. They both loved this book!
Tracie did not finish Somethink Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Tracie has finished:
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas Christopher Greene
- The Singing Bone by Beth Hahn
Barb is currently reading:
Tracie is currently reading:
At the end of this epsiode, we announce the four winners for the Joanna Johnson books!