Sunday, November 29, 2015
Monday, November 16, 2015
- A 2015 NoCKRs retreat bag
- A package of Yarn Cozies
- A sweater’s quantity of yarn (thank you to SandyKnitsSocks!)
- And more!
- Test knit: Meditate Cowl by Elizabeth Doherty
- Nordic Trail Vest #2 by Elizabeth Smith
- Classic World War II Watch Cap by Helen Waitts. Barb highly recommends this free pattern if you have someone with a really large head to knit for.
- Berry Baby Hat by Michele Sabatier
- Garter Ear Flap Hat by Purl Soho
- Plum Tree Slouch by Alana Dakos
- Third Grade from Elementary Hats by Leslie Gordon
- Zigzagular Socks by Susie White, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Zombody Loves the 2 Knit Lit Chicks colorway (free)
- Over & Over Cowl & Infinity Loop by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas, using Duren Dyeworks
- Etched Rio Wrap by Sarah Smuland, using Cascade 220 Sport in a dark gray colorway ($9)
- Tappee Hattee by Allison Britt, using Dizzy Blond Studios Superwash DK in the Camilla colorway (free)
- Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Cascade Elysian in the 08 colorway and Jojoland Splatter Dash in the 002 colorway.
- Longstreet by Nancy Totten (Front Range Bags), using Abstract Fiber Temptations in The Gorge colorway
- Saddleback Cardigan by Jennifer Hagan, using Valley Yarns Goshen.
- She has cast on:
- Leap! fingerless gloves by Brooke Ramos (free pattern) in FishKnits Boot Strap in Fat Tuesday Colorway
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- People Who Eat Darkness: The Fate of Lucie Blackman by Richard Lloyd Parry
- The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
- The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James
- Real Happy Family by Caeli Wolfson Widger
- Don’t Try to Find Me by Holly Brown
- The True History of the Elephant Man by Michael Howell
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Endangered Species by Nevada Barr
- Bad Blood by John Sanford
Monday, November 2, 2015
Book Talk starts at: 43:14
Recorded on October 30, 2015
Our Sweater KAL is still going strong! You have until January 15, 2016 to compete a sweater, enter it into our Sweater FO Thread to win a prize.
We have 2 project bags to give away from Art Institchtute of Chicago. Go here to enter! This contest will end on November 15, 2015.
New giveaway! Thank you to BostonJen for donating a copy of her new shawl pattern, View from the Charles. To enter, please go to the thread on our Ravelry forum and comment on:
1. Your favorite handknit shawl
2. Any shawl knitting adventure
3. If you have never knitted a shawl, tell us that!
This contest will end on November 15th.
Barb and Tracie recommend the Wild Plum Etsy Shoppe for cute handmade children's gifts - bandana dresses, pacifier clips, tote bags, crayon and coloring bags, etc.
Barb has finished:
Helvetica Cardigan by Elizabeth Doherty. She used Berroco Indigo yarn (recycled cotton) in the Cut-Offs colorway. She is very happy with the way this cardigan stays on her shoulders!
* The Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Knit Picks Swish DK in the Orange and Coal colorways.
* Barley Hat #1 and Maize Mits #1 by Tin Can Knits, both using Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted in the Sugar Skulls colorway.
Tracie has finished:
* Wanda Estelle poncho by Debbie Stone, using Kollage Yarns Fantastic in Slate Green (pictured at left) and she loves it!
* Endearment cardigan by Hanna Maciejewska, using Jill Draper Makes Stuff Esopus in the Sapphire colorway.
* A pair of vanilla socks in Knitting Rose Budding Tracks Sock Set in Good Will Hunting Ombre.
* Full-Tilt hat by Laura Wilson-MartosCascade Yarns Elysian in a purple colorway.
* Beetle Cap (Lippapipo on Ravelry) by Veera Valimaki, using Newton’s Yarn Country DK Superwash Merino Nylon.
Barb is working on:
* Zigzagular Socks by Susie White, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Zombody Loves the 2 Knit Lit Chicks colorway.
* Over & Over Cowl & Infinity Loop by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas, using Duren DyeWorks Love Fingering in the Witchy Woo Woo colorway.
* Nordic Trail Vest by Elizabeth Smith, using Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in the Latte colorway.
* A secret test knit for Elizabeth Doherty.
Tracie is working on:
* Perpendicular Cowl by Brenda Castiel, using Cascade Elysian in the 08 colorway and Jojoland Splatter Dash in the 002 colorway.
* Longstreet by Nancy Totten (Front Range Bags), using Abstract Fiber Temptations in The Gorge colorway
* Saddleback Cardigan by Jennifer Hagan, using Valley Yarns Goshen.
Barb has finished:
* A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation by Catherine Crier - she heartily recommends this book for fans of the True Crime genre.
* Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout - she recommends this book.
Tracie did not finish: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Tracie has finished:
* I Hated Hated Hated This Movie by Roger Ebert - she recommends it!
* The King of Pain: A Novel with Stories by Seth Kaufman
* The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol.
* The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - highly recommended!
Barb is continuing to read:
* Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, listening to it through the excellent CraftLit Podcast.
The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James - Barb says that it's a good read for Halloween!
* People Who Eat Darkness: The Fate of Lucie Blackman by Richard Lloyd Perry.
* Don't Try to Find Me by Holly Brown.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Tracie and Barb will also be at 2 NoCKRs - the 2016 Northern California Knitting Retreat! Open registration for a limited number of spots is open October 15-November 15. Send an email to us at email@example.com for information and applications.
Friday, September 25, 2015
Our Fall Sweater 2015 KAL will be running from September 15, 2015 to January 15, 2016. Come and join us. Knit or crochet an adult-size cardigan or pullover - any style, any weight yarn.