Book Talk Begins at 34:20
Recorded on March 15, 2017
We are hosting a Colorwork KAL starting on March 1, and ending on May 1, 2017.
Chat it up and make plans in our Colorwork KAL Chatter Thread.
Browse our Colorwork Bundle for inspiration.
Knit anything with colorwork - that means intarsia, stranded colorwork, stripes, brioch, double knitting, or slipped stitches. We encourage you to challenge yourself.
Pick a project larger than a mug cozy and you're good to go!
Be sure and listen until the end of the podcast for the winners of the Namaste Bag Giveaway, and to hear the latest news for the NoCKRs Retreat.
2 Knit Lit Chicks 2017 SWAP! Yes, we are doing it again. And once again, our leader is the indomitable SandraMaz. Do you want to join us? If so, please read all about it and follow the instructions to enter here. The deadline to enter the swap is March 20, 2017, so hop to it!!
We would love it if you would join our 2 Knit Lit Chicks Ravelry Group. We have a lot of fun over there!!
* Her Levitate Poncho by Yvonne Poon, using Noro Kureopatora in the 2015 colorway
* Endless Spring Cardigan by Anna Rauf using GnomeAcres Sparkle Gnome in the Wuv Twue Wuv colorway
* Knotted Rib hat by Cheryl Beckerich, using Vanna's Choice in the Cranberry colorway
* Her My Garter Slipped! Scarf by Bereni New, using Premier Yarns Sweet Roll in the Raspberry Swirl colorway
* Vanilla is the New Black Socks by Anneh Fletcher, using Leading Men Fiber Arts ShowStopper in the 911 Butterfly colorway
* Brain Hat for Science by Kristen McDonnell, using Lion Brand Heartland in colorway 103
* 3 Knitted Knockers
|Ponchos" in the wild at" Stitches West! Left to right - JChant, 1HundredProjects, xchorse, BetterinMotion, Barb, and Thumperina!|
Tracie has finished:
* School's Out child's cardigan by Katya Frankel in Shaggy Bear Farms merino with Superwash and Tussah Silk
* Kallisti Cowl by Hillary Smith Callis in Caron Cake int the Blueberry Kiwi colorway
* 2 PussyHats - 1 in Plymouth Toybox Collection Rainbow, and 1 in stripes of many different pink yarns
Barb is working on:
* Wing Span by maylin Tri-Coterie Designs using Crystal Palace Mini Mochi in a green/blue/purple colorway
* Vanilla Socks, using Knit Picks Felici in the Baker Street colorway
* My Rainbow Heart mitts by Stephanie Lotven, using Valley Yarns Huntington as the base color and fingering scraps from stash.
* Smorgasbord Cowl by Cindy Garland, using a kit bought at the Stunning String Studio booth at Stitches West
Barb has frogged the Sabine Cardigan by Coco Knits, using Indigodragonfly Merino Single Lace in the 20,000 Lawyers Under the Sea. She just wasn't feeling it.
Tracie is working on:
* Fiddly Bits cowl by Jana Pihota, using leftovers from stash!
* All That Jazz cowl by TheTwistedYarn Blog, using Greenwood Fibers Star Dust mini-skeins, scraps, bits & leftovers
* Mini-Landing Cardi by Vera Sanon, using FishKnits Panache in the 42 Degrees Opposite the Sun colorway
Barb has finished:
* The Indifferent Stars Above: The Harrowing Saga of a Donner Party Bride by by Daniel James Brown
* Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
* Runaway by Alice Munroe
* The Last One: A Novel by Alexandra Oliva
Tracie has finished:
* "I'll Get You" Drugs, Lies & the Terrorizing of a PTA Mom by Sam Rule and Kelli Peters
* The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
* The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
* Wilde Lake by Laura Lipman
* Silent Witness: The Karla Brown Murder Case by Don W. Weber and Charles Bosworth
* The Hundred Year House by Rebecca Makkai
* Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr
Barb is currently reading:
* Some Luck (Last Hundred Year: A Family Saga #1) by Jane Smiley
* The Last September by Nina de Garment
Tracie is currently reading:
* No One Needs to Know by Kevin O'Brien
* Evidence of Love by John Bloom & Jim Atkinson
Tracie talked about the HBO series, Big Little Lies
Barb talked about the new podcast The 45th, available on iTunes now