Episode 246: It's Happening in Soledad
Recorded Monday, May 2, 2022
Book talk starts at 31:25
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
Our 2 Knit Lit Chicks Mini Skein KAL has ended. Be sure to listen until the end to find out the prize winners! Our three very generous prize donors for the KAL are:
Brenda Castiel, from her Ravelry store and Etsy shop
martaschmarta - her Pride and Toebeans pattern
Susan Cochran, from her stash
And now, it's almost time for our annual Mother Bear KAL! Come join us by knitting or crocheting Mother Bears. Our KAL runs from June 1 to September 1, 2022. But...if you have knit or crocheted any bears in 2022, please plan on posting pictures of them in our FO thread. The FO and chatter threads will be up after June 1st.
Here is the Mother Bear Project website, where you can find out all about the charity, buy a pattern and overload on the picture gallery cuteness!
12 in 22 - Unofficial KAL/challenge to knit 12 (or however many you want) sweaters in 2022. Details here!
The 2KLC 2022 Swap is almost over!
May 1: final check in.
May 15th: Mail By Date
Barb has finished:
1. That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts, using their MCN blend Show Stealer
2. A project for her swap partner
3. May(be)Queen by La Maison Rililie, using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Gaea in the Falcon’s Eye colorway
|Barb's May(be) Queen pullover|
Tracie has Finished
1. Colorful Geometry Sweater by Petra Machová Kouřilová in Invictus Yarns Reward in Olive, a gradient set of Koigu American Merino, and 2 Emma’s Yarn Practically Perfect Smalls
2. Mother Bears 270 & 271
|Tracie's Colorful Geometry sweater|
1. Ribs and Wave Poncho by Great Yarns! Using Cascade Superwash Wave in the 106 Blue colorway
2. That's My Jam shawl by Steve Fegert using a kit she bought from Leading Men Fiber Arts
3. Hipster Shawl by Joji Locatelli, using Malabrigo Rios in the 880 Hojas colorway
Barb has cast on:
1. forager lite by Isabel Kraemer, using Inner Yarn Zen Superwash Fingering in the Lupine colorway
Barb has frogged:
Brookdale Vest by Elizabeth Smith, using Berroco Ultra Wool in the purple colorway
Tracie continues working on:
1. Socks to match my Swallowtail pullover in Psych Ward Yarns Joy Sock - using hem/cuff chart from Swallowtail by Jamie Hoffman
2. Moon of My Life by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne adapted by Celia McAdam Cahill for a man in worsted weight yarn - in Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted in Granite and Berroco Vintage in Cotton Candy
1. Blind Faith by Joe McGinniss - 5 stars
2. The Surrogate by Toni Halleen - 4 stars
1. Dying for Daddy: The True Story of a Family's Worst Nightmare by Carlton Smith - 4 stars
2. The Wonder Test by Michelle Richmond - 4 stars
Heads or Tails (book that Barb talked about
Post a Comment