Episode 242: They Have One About Trader Joes!
Recorded Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Book talk starts at 32:10
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 pm PST
Our 2 Knit Lit Chicks Mini Skein KAL goes until . You can get all the details here!
Mini Skein Finished Object thread here.
Browse our Mini Skein Pattern Bundle here.
12 in 22 - Unofficial KAL/challenge to knit 12 (or however many you want) sweaters in 2022. Details here!
The 2KLC 2022 Swap has begun! Important dates:
March 1: Check-In #2
March 15: check in #3
April 1: Check in #4
April 15: check in #5
May 1: final check in.
May 15th: Mail By Date
March 3-6, 2022 - Barb and Tracie will both be attending Stitches West in Sacramento, CA
April 7-10, 2022 - Tracie will be attending the Northern California Knitting Retreat in San Juan Bautista, CA
Correction Corner: Scheepjes yarn is a Dutch company, not a German company
Barb has finished:
- Violet Waffles designed by Hallidora J, using mystery DK yarn
- Welcome Spring Oven Towel by Claire Cromwell
- Forest Park Cardigan by Kay Hopkins, using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Dove Heather and Deep Waters color ways
Tracie has finished:
- The JazzaGal by Mary Annerella in The Fibre Co. Arranmore Light in Kinego Bay
- Mini Skein Magic Knit Chevron Cowl by Dana Freed Fiddes in fingering leftovers from my stash and beads from BeadBiz
- Vanilla socks in Biscotte Yarns Bis-Sock in Ariel
Barb continues working on:
- That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts, using their MCN blend Show Stealer
- Sublime Eden One-Ball Scarf, using 1 ball of Sublime Eden DK, in the Renee colorwayVanilla Socks using WSK mystery colorway in her Aspen Sock
- Vanilla Socks using Western Sky Knits Aspen Sock
And she has cast on:
- May(be)Queen by La Maison Rililie, using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Gaea in the Falcon’s Eye colorway
Tracie has cast on:
- Colorful Geometry Sweater by Petra Machová Kouřilová in Invictus Yarns Reward in Olive, a gradient set of Koigu American Merino, and 2 Emma’s Yarn Practically Perfect Smalls
And continues working on:
- Chicory pullover by Susan Moskwa in Scheepjes Colour Crafter
The Forever Home by Sue Watson - 3 stars
Swan Dive: The Making of a Rogue Ballerina by Georgina Pazcoguin - 5 stars
The Night Before by Wendy Walker - 3.5 stars
Vanishing Fleece: Adventures in American Wool by Clara Parkes - 3 stars
You All Grow Up and Leave Me: a Memoir of Teenage Obsession by Piper Weiss - 4.5 stars
The Secrets of Roscarbury Hall by Ann O’Loughlin - 3 stars
Too Pretty to Live: the Catfishing Murders of East Tennessee by Dennis Brooks - 4 stars
Barb give thumbs up to good customer service from Hobbii Yarn in Copenhagen.
Tracie recommends the Sounds Like a Cult podcast
Post a Comment