Episode 216: So Many Unicorns
Recorded on December 14, 2020
Book Talk begins at 33:30
The 2020 2 Knit Lit Chicks Fall Sweater KAL is ongoing until January 15, 2021. You can find all the details here. Need some ideas? Check out our BUNDLES!
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
Listen to the end of the podcast to find out if you have won 1 of these skeins of Tracie's handspun!
- 149 yds Twisted Sunshine 50% Silk/50% Merino in bright coral
- 210 yds Malabrigo Nube 100% Pure Merino Wool in jade greens
- 252 yds Living Dreams Yarn 70% Merino/30% Tussah Silk in Midnight in Paris (periwinkle)
- Yowza Weigh It Shawl #4 by Susan B. Anderson, using Feza Yarns Viva Glitz in a pink and green colorway
|Barb is not happy with the color of the shawl. The pink and green together look like mud!|
Tracie has finished:
- 3 more Bankhead hats by Susie Gourlay in Plymouth Encore
- 1 more Eyelet Messy Bun Hat by Miranda Riley using Dragonfly FibersTraveller in the Mission District colorway
- 2 Darling Darby Sweaters by Jean Clement, using Plymouth Encore in lime green and teal, and some unknown purple yarn leftover from a Craftsy kit!
- Stark Baking Mad by Mary Annerella in Leading Men Fiber Arts Diva in Blue Steel, Serendipidye Kings Mountain Sock in California, and Marianated Scrumptious HT in Sunset on Tatooine
- Frosted Leaves Cowl by Amitola Grande, using a Premier Sweet Roll
- Vanilla socks for Will, using Scheller + Stahl Fortissimo Socks Mexico
- Classic Ribbed Hat by Purl Soho, using Jojoland Tonic in the Gray colorway
Barb has cast on:
- ADVENTure Gnome MKAL by Sarah Schira, using a mini skein set from the Loopy Ewe
- Multidirectional Scarf #9 by Karen Baumer, using a Caron Cake
- Moondrip Swoncho by Dragon Hoard Designs, using Brown Sheep Wildfoote Lusury Sock in the Vanilla colorway, Cloudborn Fibers Highland Superwash Sock Twist in the Magenta and the Ocean color ways
- Create Your Own Adventure shawl, using a kit made up of Invictus Yarns Beyond yarn
Tracie continues to work on:
- Vanilla socks in Western Sky Knits Smooth Sock in Concrete Sunset
- Moon of My Life pullover by Nadie Cretin-Lechenne in Invictus Yarns Reward in Christmas Chaos and Serendipidye Sausalite Silken Sock in Papaya
- Be Frank with Me by Julia Clayborne Johnson - 4 stars
- The Other Woman's House by Sophie Hannah - 4 stars
- The Best of Me by David Sedaris - 4 stars
- Tracie recommended adopting a family in need for the holidays.
- Barb urged listeners to donate to their local Food Banks