Episode 141: Can That be True?
Recorded on July 27, 2017
Book Talk starts at 25:55
Come join our casual Hitofude KAL!
We hope you are participating in our Mother Bear KAL/CAL! Things to know:
*The KAL will run from now - August 31, 2017
*Any bears knit or crocheted in 2017 are eligible for entry into the Mother Bear FO thread.
*Please go to the Mother Bear Pattern Page to order your pattern - they have patterns in "knit flat", "knit in the round" and "crochet".
*After July 1, post a separate picture of each bear in a separate post in the FO thread.
*We need prizes for our Mother Bear KAL! If you have a prize or prizes to donate, please contact either Tracie or Barb.
*Be sure to note in your FO post if this is your first Mother Bear.
Stitches West 2018 registration opened July 20 - rooms at the Hyatt and Hilton are long gone, but you can still register for classes! Be sure and leave some free time on Saturday afternoon to come to our meet-up in the Hyatt bar..
Tracie & Barb will be at
Jimmy Beans Wool Biggest Little Bus Tour - the maiden voyage on August 5 is sold out, but stayed tuned on the JBW website for future dates
Lambtown 2017 - Dixon May Fair Grounds, October 7-8. We will let you know which day we’ll be attending closer to the event.
Jungle Vines socks by Becky Greene using Invictus Master of my Feet in the Storm Chaser colorway
Mother Bears 111 & 112
(Ho’onanea) Around the Island by Cindy Garland in Stunning Strings Studio Serenity in the Reflecting Pool Colorway
Barb continues to work on:
* ScWiNoNa by Weezalana in Premier Sweet Roll in the Raspberry Swirl colorway
* Brioche Knitting Made Easy (Mercedes Tarasoich-Clark) Craftsy class - Basic Brioche Hat using Plymouth Galway Worsted in the 116 colorway
* Vanilla Socks for Will’s birthday using Knit Picks Chroma Twist in the Fog Bank colorway.
* Wing Span by maylin Tri-Coterie Designs using Crystal Palace Mini Mochi in a green/blue/purple colorway.
* Nuvem by Martina Behm, using Wollmeise Lace-Garn in the 13 A1 colorway.
* Fiddly Bits cowl by Jana Pihota, using fingering scraps.
*ScWiNoNa by Weezalana – using Premier Sweet Roll in the Raspberry Swirl colorway
*Hitofude by Hiroko Fukatsu, using madelinetosh Feather in the Odessy colorway.
Tracie has cast on:
Peer Pressure shawlette by Celia McAdam Cahill in Miss Babs Hot Shot in Hot to Trot
And continues to work on:
* Fingering/sport-weight Stashbusting Helix Hat by Jessica Rose in SF State colors
* New Wave Cardigan by Mary Annarella in Invictus Yarns Reward in Olive
* 3rd Fiddly Bits by Jane Pihota from a fingering-weight “magic cake”
* Scalloped Shell Shawl by Kimberly Gintar in Tosh Merino Light in Copper Penny and * (Vi)laine Malicieuses (Malicious Wool) in the A La Peche Aux Coquillages (Shell-picking)
* Iðunn by Ragga Eiríksdóttir in Istex Lettlopii
Barb did not finish:
Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris
She did finish:
People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder
Regret & Return by Tracie Kluver Bezerra
Theft by Finding Diaries 1977-2002 by David Sedaris
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Murder at McDonalds: The Killers Next Door by Phonse Jessom
The Promise Girls by Marie Bostwick
Father of the Rain by Lily King
Barb is reading:
The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
Tracie is reading:
In a Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
Captain Wentworth’s Diary by Amanda Grange
Post a Comment