Episode 81: A Podcast About a Podcast?
Book Talk starts at 48:00
Our Next KAL – the Alana-Along! You can knit any accessory or garment pattern by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting, starting February 1, 2015 and finishing by April 1 (we may extend the deadline if we have lots of people knitting sweaters). You can knit multiple NNK designs, but we will be allowing only one entry per knitter for this KAL. Start thinking about what you’d like to make, and gathering your materials!
Can’t get enough of the Serial podcast? Check out Slate’s Serial Spoilers Specials – a podcast about a podcast!
Barb has finished
A Raspberry hat, using the 0-966 Sweet Pumpkin by DROPS design
- The Irish Hiking Scarf by Adrian Bizilla using Cascade 220 worsted in a dark gray colorway
- Malabrigo Hand Thingies by Anne Sahakian, using leftover Malabrigo Rios in the lotus colorway – a free pattern on Ravelry. Theses were supposed to be for her granddaughter Rachel, but they came out very small so she gave them to her manicurist instead.
- Fast & Easy Fingerless Mitts by Lisa Beamer, using Malabrigo Rios in the Lotus colorway –a free pattern on Ravelry. These are for Rachel, but Barb likes them so much that she plans to make a pair for herself!
Tracie has finished her Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane, made from Araucania Tepa in the 1788 colorway. It fit perfectly, but then it grew! So she will have to frog and reknit it in the original small/medium size.
Barb cast on a pair of socks using Fishknits MCN Opulence in the Weathered colorway.
She continues to work on:
- Rivercat Socks by Brenda Patipa in some really old yarn that I won at the first CFR I went to – Knit Fit Knitting Jazzy in a Sea Blue colorway.
- CustomFit Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig, using Must Stash Yarns Helluva Skein (750 – 822 yards) light fingering in the Pauo’le colorway.
- Jet Set Cowl by Paulina Popiolek using Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in the Deep Sea Jellyfish colorway.
- Eilonwy Junior by Carol Feller using Berroco Weekend DK in 2 colors – a light blue and a pink.
Tracie has cast on:
- Two pairs of socks, using Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist for both. For her friend Sue’s birthday, in Color Notes Claremont Sock in the Green stone colorway. One sock done! For niece Lexi, who requested a pair of pink sparkly socks, in Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in the Runway colorway. One sock almost done.
- Alewives Cowl by Elizabeth Doherty in Ella Rae Silkience in brown
She continues to work on:
- Canyonlands Shawl by verybusymonkey/Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in the Deep Blue Sea colorway
- For her brother-in-law’s Christmas gift, a set of 4 Garter Coaster Beer Cozies by Jessica Landers in Knitting Rose Yarns Blossom Sock in the Girl on Fire colorway and Knit Picks Chroma in Grey, both leftover from other projects, with help from
Fornicating Deer Chart by Ann Rutten
And The Horse You Rode In On fingerless mittens by Karin Aida
Beer Lovers’ Mitts by Natalia Moreva
Three of four beer cozies completed!
4 patterns in the ebook, available on Ravelry for 9.80 GBP (about $15).
Enter to win a copy here
The Position by Meg Wolitzer
The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness or Murder by Charles Graber
but did not finish
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige because it was too annoying
Barb highly recommends In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
She has also finished
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCrieght
The Harrowing by Alexandra Sokoloff
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Tracie is currently listening to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
What Matters In Jane Austen? Twenty Crucial Puzzles Solved by John Mullan
Barb is currently reading
Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
The Last Life by Claire Messud
A Life in Stitches: Knitting My Way through Love, Loss, and Laughter by Rachael Herron
Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty