Episode 255: They Sang Like Canaries
Book Talk starts at 22:00
Recorded on October 28, 2022
Sweater KAL - 9/1/22 - 1/15/23!
Sweater KAL Chatter - rules are at the top of each page
2 New Giveaways!
1. The Little Pine Tree's Wish by Diane M. Howard (dinaripper on Ravelry) - a lovely children's book about a little pine tree who's wish is to become a Christmas tree! If you have a special child in your life that would enjoy this book, enter our giveaway to win an autographed copy.
If you don't want to wait for the giveaway, you can order the Little Pine Tree's Wish through Amazon, Barnes and Noble or BookBaby!
The winner will be announced when we record on U.S. Thanksgiving!
2. Tracie's Handspun!
I have 3 skeins of my handspun to give away:
- Quillen Fiber Arts Romney Top in the Queen of Tarts colorway, approximately 110 yds
- Greenwood Fiberworks Merino/Silk? in the Calypso colorway, approximately 192 yds
- Three Waters Farm 100% Rambouillet in the Racing Green colorway, approximately 161 yards
1. Mother Bears 268, 269, and 270
2. Helix Hat #11 by Jessica Rose, using leftover Plymouth Encore yarns
|Barb's Mother Bears, #269 & #270|
2. Mother Bear #300, using Tracie's very first handspun!
3. Kaiya Mei hat for Emily, in gray and yellow acrylic
|Tracie's 300th Mother Bear!|
2. Socks for Will, using Berroco Comfort Sock in the Party Time colorway
And has cast on:
1. Zephyr Mark ll by Celia McAdam Cahill (pattern not released to the public yet!) using Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok in the Red Rock colorway
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Vanilla Sock in Canon Hand Dyes William Merino in Waterworld Sock Set
1. If I Die Tonight by Alison Gaylin - 4 stars
2. The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French - 4 stars
3. A Family Business: A Chilling Tale of Greed as One Family Commits Unspeakable Crimes Agains the Dead by Ken England - 3 stars