Episode 240: We are Not a Quiet Family
Recorded on January 16, 2022
Book Talk starts at 35:55
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here.
Our Fall Sweater KAL has ended. Stay tuned till the end of the podcast to find out if you’ve won a prize, and thanks to everyone who participated!
Do you have all kinds of mini-skeins but don’t know what to do with them? Join our Spring Mini-Skeins KAL! We already have a bundle full of pattern ideas, and if I know this group, many more will be added. The KAL will run February 1-May 1, 2022 - check out the thread in our Ravelry group for more info.
12 in 22 - Unofficial KAL/challenge to knit 12 (or however many you want) sweaters in 2022.
The 2022 2KLC Swap is on! Go to swap thread for all the info and to join (follow link to the sign up form AND post your answers to the questionnaire in the thread).
- March 3-6, 2022 - We will both be attending Stitches West in Sacramento, CA.
- April 7-10, 2022 - Tracie will be attending the Northern California Knitting Retreat in San Juan Bautista, CA
Barb has finished:
- Multnomah Falls hat by Kay Hopkins, using Plymouth Encore Tweed in the Brick Red colorway
- Frohlocke Hat by Katrine Schubert, using Malabrigo Rastita in the Archangel colorway
- Nagare by Natsuko Iida, using Valley Yarns Superwash Sport in the Ice colorway
- Murphy Bay Hat by Jenny Weibe, using Malabrigo Rios in the Pines colorway
Tracie has finished:
- Swallowtail by Jamie Hoffman in 3 colors of Psych Ward Yarns Joy Sock (Mrs. Peacock, Orange Sherbet and Painted Waters) and Cloudborn Fibers Merino Superwash Sock Twist in Ecru
- My first combo spin! I used 5 braids of fiber and then I double-plied them. Very excited to see how much I have and plan a project (hopefully a sweater)!
Barb is working on:
- That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts, using their MCN blend Show Stealer
- Architexture Cowl by Jennifer Weismann, using Leading Men Fiber Arts Box Office in the Blue Ink colorway
And has cast on:
- Sublime Eden One-Ball Scarf, using 1 ball of Sublime Eden DK, in the Renee colorway
- Forest Park Cardigan by Kay Hopkins, using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Dove Heather and Deep Waters color ways
Tracie has cast on:
- Anker’s Sweater Junior by PetiteKnit in Scheepjes Colour Crafter
- The JazzaGal by Mary Annerella in The Fibre Co. Arranmore Light in Kinego Bay
And is working on:
- Vanilla Socks in Biscotte Bis-Sock in the Arial colorway
- The Crime of the Century: Richard Speck and the Murders that Shocked a Nation by Dennis L. Breo, and William J. Martin - 4 stars. (1st published in 1993)
- Dr. Rick Will See You Now by Dr. Rick - 4 stars
- The Ruin (Cormac Reilly #1) by Dervla McTiernan - 5 stars
- I Invited Her In by Adele Parks - 4 stars
- Afraid of the Dark: The True Story of a Reckless Husband, His Stunning Wife, and the Murder That Shattered a Family by Tom Henderson - 3.5 stars
- The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation of the World's Finest Actor by Robert Schnakenberg - 4 stars