Episode 236: Episode 236: Did I Like It?
Recorded on Tuesday, November 7, 2021
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
New giveaway - Tracie’s handspun! She has 3 skeins of 4 oz each to give away:
Shaggy Bear Farms Merino/Tussah Silk - Okay, this one is too ugly to give away. My mother has given it a good home. I will choose a different skein of handspun to replace this one.
Greenwood Fiberworks 100% Merino Superfine - Arizona
Greenwood Fiberworks Hand Dyed Roving Merino Superwash/Stellina - Puget Sound
Please leave a comment in the contest thread to be entered to win. Thread will close December 1, 2021.
- Mother Bear #249
- r. e. d. By Hinterm Stein, using Cloudborn Highland DK in the Silver Heather colorway
- Punchline by Hanna Maciejewska in Forbidden Fibers Co. Pride LF in Black Emerald
- Rikke Hat by Sarah Young in Lazer Sheep Farms DK Superwash in Brave Sheep
Barb continues to work on:
- That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts, using their MCN blend Show Stealer.
- Vanilla socks using Knit Circus Greatest of Ease in the Electric Mayhem colorway
- Mimosa by Boo Knits, using Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in the Giddy Up colorway
- Architexture Cowl by Jennifer Weismann, using Leading Men Fiber Arts Box Office in the Blue Ink colorway
- Gnome MKAL All Work, Gnome Play, using fingering leftovers from my stash
- V-Back Tee by Jamie Hoffman, using The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers Foxy Lady in Stagecoach Mary, Heartbreak Hotel, Missoula Saturday Night, and Honky Tonkin
And has cast on:
- Koko Bean Hat (#3) by Judithmarieknits using random worsted scraps
Barb is doing doing surgery on her My Oasis pullover. She is lengthening the back.
Tracie cast on:
- Darling Darby dog sweater by Jean Celment, using Scheepjes Chunky Monkey in Deep Violet and Turquoise
And continues to work on:
- Swallowtail by Jamie Hoffman (see picture at right) using Psych Ward Yarns Joy Sock in th Mrs. Peacock, Orange Sherbet and Painted Waters colorways, and Cloudborn Superwash Merino Sock Twist in the Ecru colorway
- Vanilla Socks in Psych Ward Yarns Joy Sock in Bicolor Rose
Barb and Tracie both read:
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell - Barb gave it 3 stars, Tracie has not yet rated it
- Sins of the Mother by Maria Eftimiades - 4 stars
- Why Cats are Assholes by Liz Miele - 3 stars
- Man with the Silver Saab (Detective Varg #3) by Alexander Smith McCall - 4 stars
- Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher - 3 stars
When You See Me by Lisa Gardner - 4 stars
Close Her Eyes by Dorothy Simpson - 3 stars