Episode 230: Live from Montana!
Recorded on August 8, 2021
Book talk starts at 26:30
Our annual Mother Bear KAL is on! Any Mother Bear that you have knit or crocheted in 2021 is eligible to post in our FO Thread. One post per bear please. Please see all the rules and participate in the Chatter Thread. #2021MBKAL2KL
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
|We are giving away 3 copies of Fredi Baker’s Let’s Shawl-a-Brate! pattern. Leave a comment on the prize thread telling us how you feel about putting colors together - love it, get intimidated, or always buy the kit? Thread will close August 15.|
Joining us on this podcast is our friend, Eileen, better known on Ravelry as Redsknits! Eileen is a very accomplished knitter, spinner, quilter and wood turner.
- Vanilla socks using Western Sky Knits Aspen Sock in the Concrete Sunset colorway
- That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts, using their MCN blend Show Stealer.
- Another Bankhead Hat by Susie Gourlay, using leftover worsted weight yarn.
- My Oasis pullover by Ririko, using Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering in the Conton colorway and Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering Gradients in Shades of Emerald
- Stripes! by Andrea Mowry, using Jameson & Smith and Jameson and a Rowan yarn.
- A beret modeled on the motifs from her Forestland pullover by Jennifer Steingass
- 3 Mother Bears, #259 - #261
- Calyx pullover by Elizabeth Doherty, using Cloudborn Fibers Pima Cotton DK in the Spring Green colorway
Tracie is working on:
- Vanilla Socks in Lollipop Quintessential Gripes Still Crazy
- Fiddly Bits Cowl by Jana Pihota, using Tracie's handspun from fiber by Woolgatherings Polwarth/silk
We discussed the our friend Shelley's cardigan. This is her Desert Sunset using the Stripes Forever pattern by Heidimarie Kaiser. Such a beautiful sweater, with an interesting shoulder detail, and Shelley added afterthought pockets. Shelley is Sequoiashelley on Ravelry. The sweater and pictures are below:
Tracie and Barb both read:
- PEEPS by Erin Gordon. 4 stars from Tracie, 5 stars from Barb!