Episode 229: It Looks Like a Seven-Year-Old-Girl's Dream
Recorded Thursday, July 22, 2021
Book talk begins at 25:06
Our annual Mother Bear KAL is on! Any Mother Bear that you have knit or crocheted in 2021 is eligible to post in our FO Thread. One post per bear please. Please see all the rules and participate in the Chatter Thread. #2021MBKAL2KL
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
|Tracie's Let's Shawl-a-brate!
We are giving away 3 copies of Fredi Baker’s Let’s Shawl-a-Brate! pattern. Leave a comment on the prize thread telling us how you feel about putting colors together - love it, get intimidated, or always buy the kit? Thread will close August 15.
- Cowl Shell by Myrna Batten in Araucania Caña Ruca, color #213
- 3 Mother Bears - 256-258
- Snake River Poncho by Katy H. Carroll in Aspen Silk 600 in the Downtown ColorwayTracie's Cowl Shell top. Although it looks great in the above picture, she is not happy with it as it grew to a very large size in no time at all! She will frog it and make something more appropriate with the yarn.
- Mother Bear #243
- Koko Bean Hat #2 by JudithMarieKnits
- The Capitol hat by Hinterm Stein, using Baah Yarn Platinum in the Misty colorway
Barb's Capitol Hat - will probably add a pompom using the leftover yarn!
- Fiddly Bits Cowl by Jana Pihota, using Tracie's handspun from fiber by Woolgatherings Polwarth/silk
And continues working on:
- Vanilla Socks in Lollipop Quintessential Gripes Still Crazy
- Calyx pullover by Elizabeth Doherty, using Cloudborn Fibers Pima Cotton DK in the Spring Green colorway
Barb continues to work on
- Vanilla socks using Western Sky Knits Aspen Sock in the Concrete Sunset colorway
- That's My Jam by Steven Fegert, using a kit bought from Learning Men Fiber Arts
She has cast on:
- Another Bankhead Hat by Susie Gourlay, using leftover worsted weight yarn.
- My Oasis pullover by Ririko, using Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering in the Conton colorway and Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering Gradients in Shades of Emerald
- First Degree Rage: The True Story of "The Assassin", an Obsession, and Murder by Paula May - 3 stars
- Minor Dramas and Other Catastrophes by Kathleen West - 4 stars
- The Fourth Child by Jessica Winter - 4 stars
Leave the World Behind - 4 stars