Episode 225: Don't Look to Me for Exact Facts
Recorded on May 12, 2021
Book Talk starts at 30:15
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
Our Anything But Wool KAL has ended - 142 FOs! Good job, everyone! We will announce the prize winners in Episode 226.
Up next, our Mother Bear KAL! The FO thread will be open June 1 - September 1, but any bear made in 2021 is eligible. Join the chatter here.
The winner of The Office project bag by Tracie is announced at the end of this episode.
- Chunky Cabled Hat by by Christy Kay Morse, using Noro Furisode in 23 colorway.
- Snow Day hat by Jerry Burch, using Noro Furisode in 23 colorway
- Mother Bear # 236
- Zephyr cardigan by Celia McAdam Cahill, using Malabrigo Rios in the Solis colorway
- Mother Bears 229 and 232-238
- Confetti by Veera Välimäki in Kellbourne Woolens Mojave - Sky Blue
- Color Stacking Cowl by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee in Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in the Mossy Place colorway
Barb had a request from a listener to talk in detail about how she applies the grosgrain ribbon to the inside of her button bands to provide more stability. She learned the technique from this very detailed video made by the Knitmore Girls, and the photos below show Barb's own examples.
Barb continues to work on:
- One Splendid Skein shawl by Fredi Baker, using Hedgehog Fibers Sock in the Budgie colorway
- Pioneer Braid Scarf by Catherine Ryan, using Elegant Yarns Kaleidoscope in color 27
- Purl Strings tee by Heidi Kirrmaier, using Blue Sky Fibers Organic Cotton (Skinny) in the Sprout colorway
And has cast on:
- Snow Day hat by Jerry Burch using Noro Furisode in 23 colorway
- Vanilla socks using Western Sky Knits Smooth Sock in the Concrete Sunset colorway
- Gnot Just Another Gnome MKAL by Sarah Schira
Tracie has cast on:
- Gnot Another Gnome MKAL by Sarah Schira in various acrylic worsted yarns from the Bear bin
She continues to work on:
- Snake River Poncho by Katy H. Carroll in Western Sky Knits Aspen Silk 600 in Downtown Colorway
- Fiddly Bits cowl by Jana Pihota in blues and greens
- Lost in the Wild: Danger and Survival in the North Woods by Cary J. Griffith - 5 stars
- The Dry (Aaron Falk #1) by Jane Harper - 4 stars
- To Have and To Kill by John Glatt - 4 stars
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - 3 stars
- Carrie by Stephen King - 5 stars
- Our Time is Now: Power, Purpose and the Fight for a Fair America by Stacy Abrams - 4 stars
- To the Land of Long Lost Friends by Alexander McCall Smith - 4 stars