Episode 224: Tracie's Meager but Dedicated Sewing Skills
Recorded on April 27, 2021
Book Talk starts at 29:49
Virtual get-together via Zoom on Saturdays, 12 noon PST - Details here
There are a few weeks left in our Anything-But-Wool KAL! From You have until May 15 to complete a project of at least 200 yards of any yarn that does not contain wool - that means cotton, linen, cashmere, silk, soy, steel, milk, corn - even acrylic! Join our very active chatter thread here, and post your FOs here.
Stay tuned to the end to find out if you won the Abington Mitts pattern by Jennifer Lassonde!
Giveaway for fans of The Office! Tracie has made an The Office-themed project bag to give away. Post in the giveaway thread telling us what your favorite episode is and why. The thread will close May 15.
Andrew of the Fruity Knits podcast has passed away due a brain tumor. The podcast was the family’s only source of income, so please help if you can.
How to contribute to Fruity Knitting:
- Tulip Tank Top by Purl Soho in Newton’s Yarn Country Linen Tweed - Brown Barberpole. This one is a miss for a variety of reasons and has gone into the donate bag!
- 2 Mother Bears (230 and 231), both in Louisa Harding Mariposa
- Alaska Hat by Camille Descoteaux, using a kit from Knit Circus
- Abington Mitts by Jennifer Lassonde in Lil Weasel DK in the Porcelain colorway
Tracie has cast On:
And continues working on:
- Color Stacking Cowl by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee in Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in the Mossy Place colorway
- Snake River Poncho by Katy H. Carroll in Western Sky Knits Aspen Silk 600 in Downtown Colorway
Barb has been working on
- Zephyr cardigan by Celia McAdam Cahill, using Malabrigo Rios in the Solis colorway
- One Splendid Skein shawl by Fredi Baker, using Hedgehog Fibers Sock in the Budgie colorway
And has cast on
- Pioneer Braid Scarf by Catherine Ryan, using Elegant Yarns Kaleidoscope in color 27
- Purl Strings tee by Heidi Kirrmaier, using Blue Sky Fibers Organic Cotton (Skinny) in the Sprout colorway
- Building Bridges Cowl by Gretchen Tracy in Elegant Yarns Kaleidoscope in color 27
- Cool Hemp Ponchette by Lana Hames, using Hemp for Knitting AllHemp3 in Green
A Cold-Blooded Business: Adultery, Murder, and a Killer's Path from the Bible Belt to the Boardroom by Marek Fuchs - 3 1/2 stars
The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley - 4 1/2 stars
The Sunday Girl by Pip Drysdale 3 1/2 stars
The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver - 4 1/2 stars
You’ll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories About Racism by Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar - 4 1/2 stars
Dead in the Water by Penny Farmer - 5 stars
The Scandal by Nicola Marsh - 3 stars
The Coldest Case by James Patterson - 2 stars
The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Hamel - 3 stars
Barb recommends: RABOM (Ribbons and Buttons Oh My!) for all your grosgrain ribbons needs