Episode 137: It Was Their Version of a Bud Lite
Book Talk starts at 28:45
Recorded May 25, 2017
2KLC Swap is moving along. Please check in frequently! It is so important...
May 31st check in #4
JUNE 15th: Mail-By Date
You still have time to win an ecopy of Framework: Ten Architectural Knits by Norah Gaughan! To enter the drawing, leave a comment on the contest thread, which will close May 31.
It's time to get ready for our annual Mother Bear KAL/CAL! Things to know:
1. The KAL will run from July 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017
2. Any bears knit or crocheted in 2017 are eligible for entry into the Mother Bear FO thread.
3. Please go to the Mother Bear Pattern Page to order your pattern - they have patterns in "knit flat", "knit in the round" and "crochet".
4. After July 1, post a separate picture of each bear in a separate post in the FO thread.
We need prizes for our Mother Bear KAL! If you have a prize or prizes to donate, please contact either Tracie or Barb.
Barb and Tracie love the new shawl design, Peer Pressure by Celia McAdam Cahill! Celia has kindly donated 3 copies of this shawl to give away to lucky listeners. Please go to the contest thread in our Ravelry Group to enter to win.
This contest will end on June 15, 2017.
Tracie and Barb will both be at Spinning at the Winery on June 3! The event will run from 10am to 4pm at Retzlaff Vineyards in Livermore, California. Enjoy some wine, bring a dish to share in the excellent potluck lunch, pick up some yarn or spinning supplies in the vendor’s market, and don't forget your knitting, drop spindle or spinning wheel! This is the 20th annual event put on by the Treadles to Threads Spinning Guild.
Tracie has finished:
Vanilla socks in Wisdom Yarns Saki Bamboo in the Garnet Ridge colorway
Barb has cast on:
Vanilla Socks for Will’s birthday using Knit Picks Chroma Twist in the Fog Bank colorway.
Jungle Vines socks by Becky Greene (CraftBuzz) using Invictus Master of my Feet in the Storm Chaser colorway.
And continues to work on:
* Wing Span by maylin Tri-Coterie Designs using Crystal Palace Mini Mochi in a green/blue/purple colorway.
* Peer Pressure by Celia McAdam Cahill in Abstract Fiber O’Keefe in the Huckleberry colorway
* Fiddly Bits cowl by Jana Pihota, using fingering scraps.
Tracie has cast on:
Scalloped Shell Shawl by Kimberly Gintar in Tosh Merino Light in Copper Penny and (Vi)laine Malicieuses (Malicious Wool) in the A La Peche Aux Coquillages (Shell-picking)
And continues to work on:
(Ho'onenea) Around the Island by Cindy Garland, using Stunning Strings Studio in Serenity in the Reflecting Pool colorway
2nd Fiddly Bits by Jane Pihota from a fingering-weight “magic cake”
Bess of Hardwick: First Lady of Chatsworth, 1527-1608 by Mary S. Lovell
The Life She Wants by Robyn Carr
Tracie didn’t finish Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner
She did finish:
A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny
Barb is reading:
What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan
Precious and Grace by Alexander McCall Smith
And Tracie is reading:
Lily & the Octopus by Steven Rowley
Thumbs Up – Dos Coyotes Border Cafe. There are now 10 locations in the Sacramento Area and the East Bay.