Book Talk Begins at 30:15
Recorded on August 5, 2016
Mother Bear KAL/CAL is ongoing! You have until August 31st to post a picture of any bear you have knit or crocheted in 2016 in our FO thread. Lots of prizes, but your best reward is knowing you have given a child comfort.
Thank you to new prize donors: DCAlaneKnits, redsknits, BostonJen, tmkr, and dptemple.
Our annual fall Sweater KAL will run from October 1 to January 31. All entries to our FOs thread will need to be an adult-size sweater with sleeves (short is okay!), cardigan or pullover. Challenge yourself! Soon we will start a chatter thread, and create a Ravelry Bundle of patters.
Knit Companion for Android is coming soon! Please go to the Knit Companion for Android thread to find out all about it - and to join in the fun with weekly puzzles/games. Anyone can play - both IOS and Android users.
Lambtown at the Dixon Fairgrounds, Dixon, CA is October 1 & 2, 2017. Tracie will be attending.
Cogknitive Fiber Retreat in Tehachapi, CA on OctoberOctober 8th. Both Barb and Tracie will be attending.
Tracie has finished:
* Mother Bears #88 - 94
* Rodeo Drive Poncho by Staci Perry, using Fonty BB Merino in Brun Scooby Doo.
Barb has finished:
* Her Added Elegance Socks by Mary Lukas, using Unwind Yarn Company Twinkle Sock in the Graffiti colorway
*Christmas Vanilla socks using Wisdom Yarn Saki Bamboo Multis in the Crayon Box colorway
* Declan Hat by Samantha Kirby using Vanna's Choice in the Colonial Blue colorway
*Hurricane Hat by Andrea Guldin in Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Solids, Heathers and Twists
Tracie is currently knitting:
*Meris cardigan by Elizabeth Doherty, using Serendipidye Kings Mountain Sock
*Just Autumn Cowl by Janina Bottger in Becoming Art Fingering
* Allegra Cami by Svetlana Volkova, using Euro Baby Cotton
Barb is currently knitting:
* Crackerjack Cowl by Stacey Simpson Duke, using 4 colors of Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash
* Molto Bella Shawl by Brenda Castiel, using NoCKRs yarn - Duren Dyeworks Luscious Fingering
* Whippet by Ankestrick, using Knit Picks Lindy Chain in the Blush colorway
* Wingspan by Mayan Tri'Coterie Designs, using Crystal Palace Mini Mochi
* Give a Boy a Gun: The True Story of Law and Disorder in the American West by Jack Olsen
* You Must Remember This Podcast by Karina Spencer - Charles Manson's Hollywood. 12 episodes, starting with episode 37.
* Dark Corners by Ruth Rendell.
* Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman
* Something Missing by Matthew DicksBear in the Back Seat I: * Adventures of a Wildlife Ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park by Carolyn Jourdon & Kim DeLozer
* Missoula: Rape and Justice in a College Town by Jon Krakauer
Tracie is currently reading:
* The Nazi Officer's Wife: How One Jewish Woman Survived the Holocaust by Edith Hahn Beer & Susan Dworkin
* Vertical: The Follow-Up to Sideways by Rex Pickett
* Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland
* Before the Fall by Noah Hawley