Book Talk starts at: 51:20
Recorded on May 13, 2015
Come join the Cardi/Tank or Tee KAL/CAL! Knit any cardigan, tank or tee (adult or child size) between May 1 - July 1. If you have a project less than 50% done on May 1st, that will work too. See the FO thread for the prizes we have so far.
Win a pattern of your choice by Debbi Stone! Go to the contest thread on our Ravelry group and tell us which pattern you would like to win. We will pick the winner when we podcast Episode 92
Barb talked about and recommended 2 audio podcasts:
1. ACTUally KNITting podcast, hosted by ACTually KNITting (Michelle)
2. Teaching Your Brain to Knit, hosted by Margaret924 (Margaret) and MagicWombat (Catherine)
Tracie talked about The Yarnit. She and Barb both have one and really like this tool.
Tracie will be attending Spinning at the Winery, AKA Food, Fleeces and Fun! at the Retzlaff Winery in Livermore, CA. on June 6, 10 - 4 pm.
Barb will be going on a motorhome trip up through Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Yukon Territory and Alaska. She will be leaving 5/25 and will be gone about 6 weeks. She would love to meet up with anyone along the way - PM her on Ravelry!
Tracie talked about how much she is enjoying her bag from the Etsy shop, Silver Shed USA. Note the clear pocket in the front; it's an add-on you can custom pick at the time you order!
Here is the Silver Shed USA bag Barb ordered and absolutely love!
Tracie has finished:
Twigs and Willows Mitts by Alana Dakos, usiang Unwind Yarn Company Twinkle Sock in the Labordite colorway.
Tracie has Cast-On:
The Gilda scarf, using Fiesta Yarns Linnette in the Clematis colorway.
Tracie has frogged the Skew Socks by Lana Holden...she's just not feelin' it right now. She is re-purposing the Lisa Souza Dyeworks Delux Sock in a vanilla sock right now.
Tracie is continuing to work on:
* Red Fish Dyeworks fiber on her spindle
* The Soubrette cardigan. using Madelinietosh Lace in the Georgia O'Keefe colorway.
* The Wanda Estelle poncho, using Kollage Yarns Fantastic in the Slate Green colorway.
* Vanilla Socks for Will, using Berroco Sox.
Barb has finished:
* A pair of Vanilla Socks, using Zwerger Garn Opal Schafpate in the 8120 colorway.
* A Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer using Plymouth Yarn Gina in colorway 15.
Barb has Cast-On:
* A pair of Vanilla socks using Undead Yarn fingering weight in the Autism Awareness colorway.
* The Vesper tee by Heidi Kirrmaier, using Berroco Weekend DK in the 2972 (raspberry) colorway.
* The Crackerjack Cowl by Stacy Simpson Duke, using 4 colors (orange, black, grey and white) of Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash. It is happily living in her SF Giants project bag, made by Front Range Bags!
* The Alder Wrap by Kaffe Fassett, using 12 colors of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.
* The Radiance Shawl by Helen Stewart, using Highland Handmades Mountain Laurel Lace in the White Brook colorway.
* The Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig, using Must Stash Yarns Helluva Skein in the Pauo'le colorway.
* The original Yowza Weigh-It Shawl by Susan B. Anderson, using Miss Babs Yowza- Whatta Skein in the Believable colorway.
Barb and Tracie discussed the recently- released scarf pattern, Last Frost by designer Julia Trice. They both want to knit this gorgeous pattern!
Cooperative Press sent Barb and Tracie digital copies of Knit Edge Magazine, Issue 7 to review. Both of them found many quality articles and several favorite patterns in this issue.
You can win a digital copy of this issue - go to the Ravelry thread and answer the question to be entered. This contest will end when Episode 92 is recorded.
* Me Again by Keith Cronin. She recommends this book.
* Wreckage by Emily Bleeker. She does NOT recommend this book.
Tracie is currently reading"
* King Dork Approximately by Frank Portman
* Dark Rooms by Lili Anolik
Barb has finished:
* As Far As You Can Go by Lesley Glaister. She doesn't recommend this book.
* The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood. She recommends this book.
* Jurassic Park by Michael Crighton. She is competely enjoying this book!
* Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
* The Joy of Less, a Minimalist Living Guide: How to DeClutter, Organize and Simplify Your Life by Francine Joy
* The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas