Thank you to our listeners for their patience during the last several weeks as we changed to a new hosting site and required everyone to un-subscribe and re-subscribe (information and directions are here). You may have noticed old episodes popping up looking like "new" episodes…this is because we are uploading all of our previous episodes to Libsyn and iTunes. Information on that is here!
Our Mother Bear KAL/CAL is over! We drew for prizes, and the winners are listed at the bottom of this post. Thanks to all of you who generously knitted and crocheted bears for this wonderful organization.
You knit and crocheted 125 bears this year. Thank you so much to tmkr who is donating $1 per bear to the Mother Bear Organization!
Be sure and mail your completed bears (along with $3 per bear to cover shipping to their final destination!) to the Mother Bear Organization to this address:
Mother Bear Organization
P.O. Box 62188
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Our upcoming Sweater KAL/CAL will be starting September 15, 2014 and will run until January 15, 2015. Start thinking about what you want to knit!
Daisy, who sells everything from cool fabric to vintage ties to wonderful project bags in her Artinstitchtute etsy shop, will be sending this Alexander Henry fabric project bag (a $32 value) to one lucky winner! Go over to our Ravelry group to enter to win. And take a look at Daisy's shop; you can get a 20% discount using the coupon code endofsummer2014.
Barb recommends the new video podcast, Yarnder Woman, available on YouTube here!
Barb and Tracie will both be attending the following events:
Lambtown in Dixon, CA, October 4 & 5. We will be attending on Sunday, the 4th.
CogKNITive Fiber Retreat in Tehachapi, CA, October 11.
Stitches West in Santa Clara, CA, February 19 - 22, 2015.
Barb and Tracie are both on Instagram now! Barb is KnittyBarb, and Tracie is alittleposy. Come follow us!
Barb has finished:
* Another Autumn Whirlpool with Earflaps Hat by Pelykh Natalie, using Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Fingering in the Summer Blooms color way
* HGV (High Speed Knitting) shawl by Susan Ashcroft, using FishKnits Divine in the Tea Rose Hybrid Full Gradient color way
* Mother Bear #47
* Vanilla Ragg Socks, using Patons Kroy in the Blue Stripe Ragg colorway
*Vonica cardigan by Bonne Marie Burns, using Highland Handmades Butternut DK, in the charcoal colorway.
Tracie has finished:
* Mother Bears 45 & 46
Tracie has cast-on:
* Autumn Whirlpool with Earflaps Hat by Pelykh Natalie, using GnomeAcres House Gnome in the Hulk Smash colorway
Tracie is still working on:
* Her second Vitamin D cardigan by Heidi Kirrmaier, using Knitting Rose Blossom Sock in the Girl on Fire colorway
* Mystik Spiral socks, using Invictus Yarns Master of My Feet in he Aradia Self-Striping colorway
* Ripples shawl by Annelie Wallbom, using Becoming Art Cielo Fingering in the True Love colorway
* Cleito sleeveless top by Susan Mills, using Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton DK in yellow, and Mirasol Yarn Illaris in 111 (plum)
* Far East of Eden bag by Myra Wood, using way too many yarns to list!
Barb has cast-on:
* Hitofude cardigan by Hirolu Fulatsu, using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Jasper colorway
* Rose Garden Shawl by Vera Sanon, using Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima in a teal colorway
* Cabled Hot Water Bottle Cover/Cozy by Vivianne Kacal, using Plymouth Encore in the Hunter Green colorway
Barb has finished:
* Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
* The Absence of Mercy by John Burley
* The Magpies by John Burley
Tracie has finished:
Endless Love by Scott Spencer
Court TV Presents: Murder in Room 103 by Harriet Ryan
* Tilt-a-Whirl by Chris Grabenstein
Download the Akinator app, a 20-questions style game that is fun
for the whole family. Unfortunately, Tracie was completely wrong - it is not free :-(
Here is what the CDC has to say about preventing mosquito bites and therefore avoiding the West Nile Virus
MOTHER BEAR KAL/CAL WINNERS!
1. Goygirrl won the Elementary Hats ebook - contact Leslie Gordon to claim your prize.
2. PurlCrafty won downloadable Ravelry pattern up to $10 - please contact dptemple to claim your prize.
3. PMack17 won a project bag from Pairie Bag Works - please contact suewilkens to claim your prize.
4. PMack17, DCAlaneKnits, and pawsandknits all won a Brenda Castiel design Ravelry downloadable pattern - please contact Brenda to claim your prize.
5. KnittinSisters, colepispisa, and Brooksnana all won an Estella Haines downloadable Ravelry pattern - please contact Estella to claim your prize.
6. WiscKnitter, Alaskamama, and Miek have all won a Paula Emmons-Fuessle downloadable Ravelry pattern - please contact Paula to claim your prize.
7. NigellaL has won a skein of GnomeAcres Scruffy Gnome Fingering in the Kiwi colorway - please PM your address to KnittyBarb.
8. Brooksnana has won a skein of Dramaturg DK in the Fuzzy Navel colorway, donated by Leading Men Fiber Arts. Please PM KnittyBarb with your address.
9. moxymomma has won a skein of yarn (her choice) from Desert Vista Dye Works. Please contact Susan to claim your prize.
10. seestephykint has won a copy of the Mrs. Bakery Bear pattern by Kay Jones. Please contact Kay to receive your pattern.
11. DCAlaneknits has won a project bag from Kay (bryonybear). Please PM your address to KnittyBarb to claim your prize.
12. pumpkinknits1 has won a skein of Opal Smile Sock - please PM your address to KnittyBarb to claim your prize.
13. lilbirdblue has won a Ravelry downloadable Woolly Wormhead pattern of her choice - please contact PrairiePoppins to claim your prize.
14. istop2knit has won a project bag from the etsy shop Sweet Serendipity 37. Please contact SandraMaz to claim your prize.
15. Needles43 has won a lovely skein of Invictus Yarns Master of My Feet in the Herme OOak colorway. Please PM your address to KnittyBarb to claim your prize.
16. jchant and miek have both won lovely stitch markers, made and donated by Pumpkinknits1 - please PM your mailing address to KnittyBarb.
17. Domicroche has won 4 skeins of S.R. Kertzer Ovation in a pink color way, donated by FloridaKelly. Please PM KnittyBarb with your mailing address.
18 Paoliva and loucat have each won a skein of Noro Sekku, donated by FloridaKelly. Please PM your mailing addresses to KnittyBarb.
19. witnwool has won the Knitting it Old School book, donated by FloridaKelly. Please PM KnittyBarb with your mailing address.
20. Dagger51 has won the Wrapped in Lace book, donated by FloridaKelly. Please PM your mailing address to KnittyBarb.
21. MeaderingHome has won a skein of Knitting Rose Budding Sock yarn in the Pumpkin Harvest colorway. Please PM KnittyBarb with your mailing address.
22. KathyG has won a skein of Invictus Yarns Captain SW in the Beth colorway. Please PM KnittyBarb with your mailing address.
23. KnittyGinger has won a Chic-a Yarn Keeper. Please PM KnittyBarb with your mailing address.
24. grammajudyknits has won 2 skeins of The Fiber Company Terra in the Chestnut color way. Please PM your mailing address to KnittyBarb.
Congratulations to all of you, and a big THANK YOU for making bears for deserving children!