Episode 50: Visiting the Frog Pond
Come join our Mother Bear KAL/CAL! You can purchase the pattern from Mother Bear, and knit or crochet a bear to be eligible to win some fabulous prizes. You have until August 31st to complete and post a picture of your finished bear. We have a new prize donation:
tmkr is donating $20 in Ravelry patterns or an ebook available from Ravelry for one lucky listener!
Start making plans for our upcoming Sweater KAL/CAL! Any adult-size sweater (cardigan or pullover) - starting on August 15th and will end on December 1st. Get a jump on winter.
Give the Knotty Girls Knit Cast (an audio podcast) a listen.
Barb's finished projects:
- Elly's Colvert Cowl knitted out of Arucania Pomair in a
lovely purple colorway
- Babushka Cable Socks out of Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Babuska colorway
- Jayla's Hulk Smash Mitts out of Gnome Acres Merino Nylon Fingering in the Hulk Smash colorway
- Lycaena Socks by Hunter Hammerson (from the Knitters' Curiosity Cabinet, Vol II. Using Cakewalk Yarns Footsie in the Edisto colorway
- Cloud Chaser by Amy Swenson, using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (sadly, the yarn is discontinued)
- Villane cardigan by Suvi Simola out of Plymouth Encore in the Hunter colorway - HAS BEEN FROGGED :>(
- Belgique Infinity Cowl out of BFL Sportweight from Shaggy Bear Farms
- Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang
- Reversible Scarf by Bruce Weinstein (from the Knits Men Want book), using Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in the Fig colorway
Barb has cast on the Dreambird shawl, using Spud & Cloe Fine in the Sidewalk colorway, and Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic Degrade in a purple and blue colorway. Someday it will look like this (hopefully!).
Have you seen the new Woobie Pattern Collection Series 1 by Kris Carlson? So cute! Great gifts for babies...
Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round by Margaret Radcliffe. An excellent book - check it out!
Barb's Current Books:
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton - listening to this book via the CraftLit Podcast
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
- The Wife by Meg Wolitzer
- The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D by Nichole Bernier
Walt Disney Family Museum, located in the Presidio, San Francisco, CA.